Henry’s Crusty White Bread Recipe
- Large mixing bowls
- Danish whisk or hand mixer
- Kitchen scale
- Dough knife
- Dutch oven
- 7 1/2 cups 900g Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 cups 680g lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon 18g salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons 14g instant yeast or active dry yeast
- 20 g dry milk powder
- 20 g granulated white sugar optional
- Measure the flour carefully.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix until combined.
- Let the dough rest for 45 minutes.
- Perform stretch and fold technique.
- Repeat rest and stretch steps.
- Shape the dough.
- Divide and pre-shape.
- Final shaping into boule or bâtard.
- Proof in a Banneton.
- Preheat the oven and Dutch oven.
- Score and bake.
- Cool on a rack.
Scoring the bread isn’t just decorative; it helps in even baking.
Calories: Approximately 150 calories per slice.
Professional Knife Sharpener
Fast and Simple | Patented spring action bars invented in Austria by a master knife maker make sharpening easy and foolproof. Sharpen dull and damaged blades in seconds or hone a razor-sharp edge on even the finest knife blades. Get professional results easier and faster.https://collabs.shop/lifdzg