Festive Christmas Banana Bread
Celebrate the holiday season with our Festive Christmas Banana Bread. This recipe takes the classic comfort of banana bread and weaves in the magic of Christmas. Featuring warm spices, a hint of orange zest, and adorned with festive decorations, this bread is not just a dessert—it’s a gift of holiday spirit. Perfect for your ‘Give Bread Instead’ campaign, each loaf is a heartfelt expression of joy and goodwill.
- 9×5-inch loaf pan
- Mixing bowls
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Grater (for orange zest)
- Wire cooling rack
- Overripe bananas: 450 grams about 4 large bananas
- All-purpose flour: 250 grams 2 cups
- Baking soda: 5 grams 1 teaspoon
- Ground cinnamon: 3 grams 1 teaspoon
- Ground nutmeg: 1 gram 1/2 teaspoon
- Ground ginger: 1 gram 1/2 teaspoon
- Orange zest: from 1 orange
- Unsalted butter melted: 115 grams (1/2 cup)
- Dark brown sugar: 200 grams 1 cup
- Large eggs: 2
- Vanilla extract: 5 ml 1 teaspoon
- Salt: 3 grams 1/2 teaspoon
- Optional: Dried cranberries or chopped nuts for added texture and flavor
- Cream Cheese Drizzle Recipe
- Cream Cheese: 4 oz about 113 grams
- Powdered Sugar: 1/4 cup about 30 grams
- Vanilla Extract: 1/2 teaspoon
- Milk or Cream: 2 to 3 tablespoons 30 to 45 milliliters
- Preheat your oven to 175°C (350°F). Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas. Mix in the melted butter, brown sugar, beaten eggs, vanilla extract, and orange zest.
- In another bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger.
- Gradually blend the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Avoid overmixing.
- Fold in dried cranberries or nuts if using.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and smooth the top.
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Instructions: Cream Cheese Drizzle
- Combine Ingredients: In a medium bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese (113 grams), sifted powdered sugar (30 grams), and vanilla extract.
- Adjust Consistency: Gradually add milk or cream, starting with 30 milliliters. Whisk after each addition until you reach the desired pourable yet thick consistency. You may need to adjust the amount slightly.
- Taste and Adjust: If necessary, adjust the sweetness by adding a bit more powdered sugar or the thickness by adding more milk.
- Drizzle Over Banana Bread: Once the banana bread is cool, use the drizzle to top it off. A spoon or piping bag can be used for a neat finish.
- Serve and Enjoy: Let the drizzle set briefly before slicing the banana bread.
- This cream cheese drizzle will complement the banana bread beautifully, adding a deliciously creamy and sweet element to your treat!
This recipe ensures your bread is not just a treat but a symbol of warmth and holiday joy.