The Harvest Loaf
The Harvest Loaf is a wonderful loaf that embodies the essence of fall in every slice. This seasonal bread combines the earthy richness of pumpkin with a medley of warm spices, velvety chocolate chips, and a generous scattering of nuts. But what makes this loaf truly special isn’t just its taste; it’s the sense of tradition, comfort, and celebration it brings to our tables.
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Wooden Spoon or Rubber Spatula
- Bread Pan
- Parchment paper
- – Oven
- Cooling rack
- 415 grams all-purpose flour
- 5 grams baking soda
- 2.5 grams cinnamon
- 2.5 grams salt
- 1.25 grams nutmeg
- 0.625 grams ginger
- 0.625 grams cloves
- 113 grams butter
- 200 grams sugar
- 190 grams canned pumpkin
- 135 grams chocolate chips
- 85 grams chopped nuts walnuts or pecans – divided
- Cream together butter and sugar until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the butter mixture, alternating with the canned pumpkin.
- Stir in chocolate chips and 85 grams of chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into a regular-sized loaf pan that has been greased and lightly floured. Sprinkle the remaining chopped nuts on top.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit (175 degrees Celsius) for 65-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. If using two 8” x 4” pans, bake for 55 minutes.
This Harvest Loaf combines the warm flavors of pumpkin, spices, chocolate chips, and nuts into a delightful bread that’s perfect for the fall season. It’s a comforting treat that pairs wonderfully with a cup of tea or coffee. Notes: • You can customize this recipe by using different types of nuts or adding raisins or dried cranberries for extra flavor. • The glaze adds a sweet touch; adjust the amount of cream to achieve your desired consistency. • Be sure to let the loaf cool slightly before slicing and serving.