Rustic Apple Focaccia
Rustic Apple Focaccia is a delightful twist on the classic Italian bread. This recipe combines the earthy flavors of rosemary and the sweet-tartness of dehydrated apples, creating a delightful bread that’s perfect for the fall season. Serve it as a side dish, appetizer, or even as a sweet treat with a cup of tea.
- Brod and Taylor Sahara folding dehydrator https://bit.ly/44C777p
- 300 g bread flour
- 1 1/4 tsp active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 240 ml warm water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 60 g dehydrated apple slices
- 2-3 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Coarse sea salt for sprinkling
- Olive oil for drizzling
- In a small bowl, combine the warm water, sugar, and active dry yeast. Let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until it becomes frothy.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread flour and salt. Pour in the yeast mixture and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Mix the ingredients together to form a rough dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it for about 5-7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic. Add more flour as needed to prevent sticking.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it with a clean kitchen towel, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C). If you have a pizza stone, place it in the oven while preheating.
- Punch down the risen dough and transfer it to a parchment-lined baking sheet or directly onto your preheated pizza stone.
- Using your fingers, press the dough out into a rectangular or oval shape, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Arrange the dehydrated apple slices evenly over the surface of the dough.
- Strip the rosemary leaves from the sprigs and scatter them over the dough and apples.
- Drizzle a little olive oil over the top, and finish with a sprinkle of coarse sea salt.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until the focaccia is golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool slightly before slicing and serving.
Rustic Apple Focaccia is versatile and can be enjoyed on its own or paired with cheese and wine for an appetizer. You can also experiment with different herbs and spices to customize the flavor to your liking. Enjoy the taste of fall in every bite!