By: Henry Hunter
In the charming town of Blythewood S.C., the holiday season brings with it a special kind of magic. The streets come alive with twinkling lights, homes are adorned with festive decorations, and the air carries a hint of something truly enchanting – the scent of freshly baked bread. It’s a time when children’s faces light up with excitement, and families come together to create cherished memories.
As the town of Blythewood begins to sparkle with holiday cheer, there’s one tradition that stands out above the rest – the aroma of cinnamon rolls wafting from the local bakery. But this year, we’re bringing a delightful twist to our favorite cinnamon roll recipe. We’re making it bigger and more magnificent, turning it into a beautiful star bread that can take center stage on your holiday table.
Picture this: a stunning star-shaped bread, adorned with a warm, golden glow and a candle flickering in the center. It’s a centerpiece that not only delights the eyes but also tantalizes the taste buds. This star bread has become a symbol of togetherness, a reminder of the joy of giving during the holiday season.
This is just one of the many wonderful recipes you’ll discover in our curated holiday bread selection. At Baking Great Bread at Home, we believe in the power of giving, and that’s why we’re launching our special campaign – “Give Bread Instead.” Join us in spreading the warmth and love of the season by sharing homemade bread with your loved ones.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25-30 minutes
Servings:* 8-10 slices
For the Enriched Dough:
– 250 ml (1 cup) whole milk
– 21 g fresh yeast or 7g active dry yeast / instant yeast
– 500 g (1 lb.) plain or all-purpose flour, separated 300g / 200g (3/5 & 2/5)
– 50 g (4 Tbsp) white sugar
– ½ tsp salt
– 50 g (½ stick) unsalted butter, very soft
– 1 large egg, beaten
For the Filling:
– 50 g (½ stick) unsalted butter, melted
– 100 g (8 Tbsp) white sugar
– 3 tsp ground cinnamon
For the Egg Wash:
– 1 egg, beaten
– 2 Tbsp whole milk
– Powdered / icing sugar, for dusting
For the Enriched Dough:
1. Warm the whole milk until it’s just slightly warm to the touch. Dissolve the yeast in the milk and let it sit for about 5-10 minutes until frothy.
2. In a large bowl, mix 300g of flour, sugar, and salt. Add the yeast mixture, softened butter, and beaten egg. Stir until a dough forms.
3. Gradually add the remaining 200g of flour while kneading the dough. Knead for about 5-7 minutes until it’s smooth and elastic. The dough should be slightly sticky but manageable.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover it, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour until it has doubled in size.
For the Filling:
1. Mix melted butter, sugar, and ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
1. Divide the dough into four equal portions. Roll each portion into a 10-inch circle.
2. Place one dough circle on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Spread a third of the filling mixture over the dough.
4. Repeat the process with the remaining dough and filling, stacking them on top of each other.
5. Place the final dough circle on top.
6. Use a glass or a round cutter to make a small indentation in the center.
7. Cut the dough into 16 equal parts, leaving the center intact.
8. Take two adjacent sections and twist them away from each other twice. Repeat for all pairs.
9. Cover the bread and let it rise for 15-20 minutes while preheating your oven to 350°F (180°C).
10. Brush the bread with the egg wash.
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until it’s golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom.
12. Dust with powdered sugar before serving.
This Holiday Star Cinnamon Roll Bread is a showstopper. Feel free to customize it by adding chopped nuts, raisins, or even a drizzle of icing for extra sweetness.
This recipe is perfect for creating cherished holiday memories. The star-shaped bread not only looks impressive but also tastes divine. It’s a beautiful centerpiece for your festive table, and when you light the candle in the center, it adds a touch of magic to your holiday gatherings.
Give Bread Instead
At Baking Great Bread at Home, we believe in the joy of giving during the holiday season. That’s why we’ve launched our special campaign, “Give Bread Instead.” We encourage you to share the warmth and love of this season with your family and friends by gifting them homemade bread. It’s a heartfelt gesture that brings people closer and creates lasting memories.
So, roll up your sleeves, get ready to bake, and let the spirit of the holidays fill your home. This Holiday Star Cinnamon Roll Bread is not just bread; it’s a symbol of love, togetherness, and the joy of giving.
Happy baking and happy holidays! 🌟🍞🕯️
🍞 Discover the Ultimate Baking Companion – Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker! 🍞
Hey there, it’s Henry from Baking Great Bread at Home, and I’ve got something special to share with fellow bakers and food enthusiasts. As the holiday season approaches, having the perfect conditions for bread making and slow cooking becomes essential. That’s where the Brod & Taylor Folding Proofer & Slow Cooker comes in, and let me tell you, it’s a game-changer!
This kitchen wonder offers precise temperature and humidity control, perfect for bread rising, sourdough, yogurt, sous vide, and crafting probiotic superfoods¹. It combines commercial-quality precision with foldable convenience – a real space-saver! Plus, radiant heating ensures even cooking.
And the best part? It’s affordable. Don’t miss out on this essential addition to your kitchen. Happy baking and slow cooking! 🍞🕒