Gingerbread is a classic holiday treat that fills your home with warmth and spice. This recipe combines the perfect balance of ginger, cinnamon, and molasses for a delightful gingerbread experience.
- 9×9-inch square baking pan
- 300 g all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 cup hot water
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×9-inch square baking pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir in the molasses.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, alternating with hot water, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the gingerbread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can dust the top of the gingerbread with powdered sugar for a decorative touch.