Fruitcake is a beloved holiday tradition. This Fruitcake Bread recipe captures the essence of fruitcake in a delightful loaf, perfect for sharing with loved ones during the festive season.
- 9×5-inch loaf pan
- 250 g all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground allspice
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup mixed dried fruits raisins, currants, candied citrus peel, etc.
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts walnuts, pecans, almonds, etc.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and allspice.
- In another bowl, cream together the softened butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time.
- Stir in the molasses, buttermilk, and vanilla extract until well combined.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture, mixing until just combined.
- Fold in the mixed dried fruits and chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the fruitcake bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
You can soak the mixed dried fruits in rum or brandy overnight for extra flavor.